1) To remind me of what it is - what it means - to be British. Surrounded by different socio-cultural and linguisic norms, a sponge like me picks up new aspects of speech and personality all too quickly, and in doing so risks losing his identity and sense of true self. By nothing things I've noticed are different, hopefully I'll continue to realise they ARE different for a while longer.
2) To take note of poignant political and philosophical debates, or meaningful quotes pertaining to life, lives and anything else I deem useful. Often, I read these and think "cool! I must remember that. Then inevitably forget anyway. Having a list may help me review and retrieve life lessons with more consistency.
3) Alright, I admit it - to vent a little. Isn't that the purview of Bloggers everywhere? Catharsis through self-indulgent ramble? Let's find out.
Like Alastair Cooke's "Letter From America", or Bill Bryson's "Notes From a Big Country"...only considerably less witty, informative and worthy of reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment